Wednesday 30 September 2009

Criminal Laws

I am against capital punishment, since I think that criminals that make a big mistake or offense, should pay for what they have done. Death may be even a solution for their problem of not having an exit.

On the other side, I don't think that humans have the power of taking away other people's life... I prefer them to be in jail, having thought of what they have done, and in, some way, "suffering", than just death.

On the other hand, I guess that having capital punishment may reduce the criminality rates, since people would be more affraid of making something wrong, but I also think that our authorities should be qualified to create other different solutions to the problem of criminality.

To reduce criminality rates, I think the governments should go to the root of the problem: what causes people to go and commit crimes? do they do it to survive? do they have a lack of something? Basis for a lot of crimes are the conditions of poverty in our society, the lack of education, the unexistent job positions for a lot of chileans.. if we solve that problems, I think criminality rates would decrease, especially in the case of Chile.

Luckily, I haven't had close experiences with crimes. The only thing was that once I was playing soccer here in the campus, and, in the mean time, somebody stole my bag with some of my clothes, cell phone, ID, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment