Monday 25 May 2009

My favorite subject: Sociological Theory I

My favorite subject this term is Sociological Theory I, which is the subject where we learn about the different and main theories, authors and movements of Sociology.
This semester we have studied Karl Marx, and now we are going to start with Emile Durkheim and, after that, Max Weber.

This subject is taught by Octavio AvendaƱo, and I think that is a big plus for the subject. To really learn, I need an organized class, with the ideas not just in the air, and this teacher is very clear, and he is not just speaking thoughts, and is really teaching what sociological theory is about.

I like this subject because I feel I am really learning about a central subject of my career, the ideas are clear, and it kind of makes me feel like I am in the right place, and that I wasn't wrong when I decided to study Sociology.

So far, I have learned about Karl Marx's theories related with the work, the capital, the State, etc, and I am willing to start learning more about Emile Durkheim and Max Weber statements.

1 comment:

  1. When I had Sociology in Bachi, we read some about this authors,and the test was very difficult jajaja.

    see you !!

    ReplyDelete